Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
1 pound chicken
1 large head broccoli
5 cloves garlic
2 inches ginger
1 heaping tablespoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons butter
1. Slice the onions and the chicken into strips. Cut the broccoli into bite-size chunks.
2. Mince the garlic and ginger together into a chunky paste.
3. Sauté the onions in the butter until softened, about five minutes.
4. Add the ginger and garlic paste. Cook for one minute.
5. Add the spices, cook for one minute.
6. Add the chicken and broccoli, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and the broccoli has reached your desired texture. Add the juice from the lemon and mix.
7. Serve over rice.
8. To make more sauce, add chicken stock or coconut milk as desired.