The Education Foundation of Martin County will host Book Bonanza 2024, a series of family-friendly literacy events at elementary schools around the Martin County School District, continuing on January 18. Book Bonanza events will provide a dinner for families and a variety of literacy-themed activities to support the district’s efforts to increase family engagement and instill a love of reading. The events are free to attend.
In addition to a barbecue dinner and literacy activities, there also will be book giveaways, celebrity guests, and prizes. The remaining 2024 schedule is as follows:
- January 18: J.D. Parker School of Science, Math & Technology
- January 24: Port Salerno Elementary School
- February 8: SeaWind Elementary School
- March 22: Crystal Lake Elementary School
- March 26: Warfield Elementary School
- May 1: Felix A. Williams Elementary School
The event is free to the first 200 registered guests at each location. Event attendees must pre-register at educationfoundationmc.org. If the online event registration is full, guests can join the waiting list by calling the office at 772-600-8062.
Volunteers interested in assisting at the events may email Leigh Anne Pike at LPike@EducationFoundationMC.org.