The Healthy Dish
16 Quick Tips To Detox Your Mind And Body
Detox, detox, detox. Every health magazine and diet-focused blog touches on the powers of detoxing.
We are all exposed to toxins in our daily life—everything from our modern food supply to our heavily industrialized environment contributes to our bodies’ accumulations of toxins.
So, why not incorporate daily healthy practices that aid general health and reduce toxic exposure?
Here are some healthy suggestions:
- Breathe and exercise: Try yoga or Pilates to align your body with your breath.
- Eat green vegetables, fresh fruit and whole grains (avoid processed grains).
- Start your morning with warm water and lemon juice.
- Get sufficient sleep and some natural sunlight throughout the day.
- Drink green drinks daily with cucumber, romaine, celery, kale and sprouts.
- Incorporate raw, fresh foods into your diet.
- Omit artificial sugars and preservatives.
- Cut back on dairy, refined sugar and meat products.
- Drink wheatgrass.
- Get a massage.
- Visit a steam room or sauna.
- Do cardio exercise to work up a sweat and increase heart health.
- Use natural cleaning and beauty products.
- Avoid or limit alcohol and caffeine.
- Meditate to remove negativity.
- Smile and laugh!
For more advice from Cotton, visit her website at pilatesandyourpalate.com or call her at 772.485.6585.
(Image via Flickr/Roving-Aye!)