The Healthy Dish
How to transition to a vegan or vegetarian diet
Instead, follow these tips:
1. Try quinoa. This is a delicious super grain. It comes in grain form, which makes it a great substitute for rice. It also comes in a pasta form and is loaded with protein.
2. Incorporate beans into your diet. They are filling and are versatile in many dishes.
3. Eat nuts and seeds for snacks. Nuts can be added to many raw recipes to create creamy flavors and hearty tastes.
4. Switch to a non-dairy milk.
5. Invest in a great vegan protein powder to make tasty shakes.
6. Join a co-op or organic farmers market to purchase seasonal fresh organic fruits and veggies.
7. If you crave cheese, look for healthier, non-dairy alternatives that are cleaner and that don’t have preservatives. Some brands, like Daiya and Punk Rawk Labs, are made from rice or pea protein or nuts.
8. If you do consume eggs, buy local, organic, farm-raised, cage-free eggs.