COVID-19: Martin County Updates, Friday, June 26
| June 2020
Here's your daily roundup with what to know and what you may have missed about the COVID-19 pandemic in South Florida.
- If you have questions, need further guidance, or have symptoms, call the Health Department at 1-866-779-6121 [Florida Department of Health] or the Communirty Information Center at 772-287-1652 [Martin County Florida]
- There are 122,960 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida. 3,366 people have died. There are 1,713 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Martin County, 23 people have died; 1,441 confirmed COVID-19 cases in St. Lucie County, 45 people have died. [Florida Department of Health]
- Follow Martin County's phase one reopening plans here.
- Publix has implemented reserved shopping hours for first responders and began a buying program to help support farmers and food banks. Read more here.
- Amazon will deliver more than 6 million meals between now and the end of June to underserved and vulnerable populations across the U.S. In South Florida, the company will partner with Feeding South Florida to provide and prepare all shelf-stable groceries and pre-packaged foods, while a network of Amazon Flex will make contactless, doorstep deliveries.
- Hilton and American Express will donate one million hotel room nights across the United States to medical professionals (doctors, nurses, EMTs, paramedics, and other medical personnel). Rooms in Hampton by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, DoubleTree by Hilton, and more will be available across Florida. [WPTV]
- The CDC recommends that all people leaving their homes wear a cloth face mask. Click here to learn how you can make one with what you have at home.
- Visit the Martin County community website for information on food distribution, unemployment assistance, and resources for seniors and veterans.
- Cleveland Clinic and Florida Community Health Centers will be administering COVID-19 tests by appointment only.
- Testing locations directions and hours:
This article is being updated.