Martin County Named Best Place To Retire In The U.S., And It Comes As No Surprise To Us
If you're spending your golden years in Martin County, you're doing retirement right.
With year-long sunshine, gorgeous beaches and a plethora of community events, it comes as no surprise that Martin County was named the best place in the U.S. to retire.
Real estate website Find The Home compiled the ranking, which scored counties on five factors: care, entertainment, convenience/transportation, community and housing.
Martin County scored highest in the convenience category, which takes into consideration the number of grocery stores and restaurants within walking distance.
Other counties that made the list include Orange County in North Carolina (No. 3) and Barnstable County in Massachusetts, which fell just short of the top title.
Here's the list of the top 10 counties to retire.
1. Martin County, Florida
2. Barnstable County, Massachusetts
3. Orange County, North Carolina
4. Beaufort County, South Carolina
5. Grafton County, New Hampshire
6. Washtenaw County, Michigan
7. Newport County, Rhode Island
8. Jefferson County, Washington
9. Hamilton County, Indiana
10. Albemarle County, Virginia