One Of Martin County's Oldest Business Organizations Adopts New Name
You’re never too old for a new beginning.
After 91 years in operation, the REALTOR® Association of Martin County—one of the oldest professional associations in the county—is adopting a new name and dropping “association” altogether.
It’s now Martin County REALTORS® of the Treasure Coast.
“Martin County is so special,” adds H.B. Warren, president of the organization. “We are basically a small town on the southeast coast of Florida—with low density, light traffic, rigid restrictions on building heights, plus great golfing, boating and fishing. As REALTORS®, we get to act as the ambassadors to this wonderful, laid-back lifestyle. Referring to ourselves as an ‘association’ just started to feel a little too stuffy.”
The industry is trending away from this once-widespread naming convention, a change that dissociates REALTOR® professional groups from being mistaken as more formal governing boards.
Established as the Stuart Board of Real Estate in 1926—one year after Martin County was created—the organization recognized the advantages of aligning with the resources offered by the National Association of REALTORS®. Sixty years after its founding, it was renamed the Greater Martin County Board of REALTORS® and then the REALTOR® Association of Martin County in 1996.
Today, Martin County REALTORS® of the Treasure Coast, with nearly 1,000 members and offers individualized, attention-orientated training courses concentrated on helping members conduct business successfully and ethically.
Dedicated to safeguarding property rights, Martin County REALTORS® of the Treasure Coast also advocates on behalf of public policies that protect homeowners’ rights, fiscal concerns and invaluable natural resources such as the St. Lucie River, Indian River Lagoon and county beaches and shores. The organization also promotes the broad-based individual and community benefits of homeownership, having raised tens of thousands of dollars in support of Habitat for Humanity of Martin County.