Feeling the Love
Well, we have ushered in a brand new year – one that is sure to be full of excitement and opportunity. Right after my loving husband’s New Year’s kiss, I got my ducks in a row for 2014, along with some much needed resolutions. I began thinking of this Love Issue, its “Best Catches” feature, and how everything was going to come together. It put me in the mood to feel the love.
Some quotes I will never forget when I think of love:
• “I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you” – “Dirty Dancing”
• “You should be kissed every day, every hour, every minute.” – Nicholas Sparks, The Lucky One
• “I love you. You… you complete me.” – “Jerry Maguire”
• “I finally understood what true love meant... love meant that you care for another person’s happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.” – Nicholas Sparks, Dear John
• “Make of our hands one hand. Make of our hearts one heart. Make of our vows one last vow. Only death will part us now.” – “West Side Story”
So let’s raise our glass this Valentine’s Day-themed issue for a toast to love – and also to all I love about our area. Enjoy our newest “Best Catches,” our “It Takes Two” feature, which features couples who have made it through the hard times together, and a special guide to some local romantic date spots. Also, enter our fabulous Hopeless Romantic Giveaway on Facebook!
And also to our cities, Stuart, Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, Jensen, Hobe Sound – here are some things I love about our area:
Yes, I love that it is 80+ degrees more than seven months a year here, and it’s never too dreary or blustery or rainy to be outside enjoying our area. I love that we all live close to some body of water and spend time frolicking in it on paddleboards, surfboards and boats. I love that enjoying the outdoors in many of our downtown areas can be some of the best times we have with family and friends, and that we go to great events that support our children and the less fortunate. I love that we help each other out, always.
To all these areas covered by Stuart Magazine, you’ve given me so much. Now, I am in a place I truly love, doing something I truly love.
With love and gratitude, I wish you a happy Valentine’s Day from Stuart Magazine.