Cirque Italia will debut its newest production, Alcatraz, on Thursday, July 1, at 7:30 p.m. under the orange-striped Big Top Tent at Clover Park (31 Piazza Dr.) in Port St. Lucie. Subsequent performances will take place on July 2 at 7:30 p.m., July 3 at 6:30 and 9:30 p.m., and July 4 at 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. Tickets cost $10-$50 and can be purchased here.
Audiences will be taken on a riveting journey through the true story of one man’s real-life nightmare of wrongful conviction and subsequent confinement after being sentenced to life in Alcatraz prison. Told through a series of aerial acts, jaw-dropping stunts, incredible displays of human strength and balance, the compelling narrative will be bolstered by mystifying illusion and hilarious comedy.
Because of the mature content of the story, adult language, simulated violence, and suggestive situations, the production is rated “R.” Children younger than 13 years will not be permitted and children ages 13 older must be accompanied by an adult 21 years or older.
Cirque Italia will enforce all recommendations set forth by the C.D.C. and local municipalities. The performance will adhere to the following safety adjustments and accommodations:
- Restricted seating capacity
- Socially-distanced seating with visual cues throughout tent
- Mask mandate for anyone over 3 years of age (masks will be available for purchase if needed)
- Increased access of hand sanitization stations in and around tent
- All common areas will be wiped down and disinfected every 10 to 15 minutes
- Purchase tickets in advance here or by calling (941) 704-8572.